Website Accessibility Tool
There are many accessibility tools available to help websites be accessible but there is one that we particularly like and that is BrowseAloud. BrowseAloud is free software that reads web pages out loud. BrowseAloud helps website visitors who require online reading support and those who simply prefer to listen to information instead of reading it. BrowseAloud is particularly useful for those with print disabilities such as dyslexia or mild visual impairments and those with English as a second language.
Whether you are using a smartphone, tablet, PC or Mac, BrowseAloud will provide the reading support tools that people with disabilities require at no cost to the user.
What does BrowseAloud do?
You have control over the voice, word pronunciations and speech highlighting.
- Reads websites, intranets, extranets, social media, HTML, accessible Flash, ALT tags, etc
- Reads PDF and Word documents in their original format
- Highlights each word as it is spoken to show you where you are on the page
- Magnifies text to your chosen font size and font style
- Translates word-for-word between English, French, German, Italian and Spanish
- Looks up accurate dictionary definitions
- Converts text to MP3
- Masks information on the screen to help you focus on a particular area
How do I get BrowseAloud?
BrowseAloud provides instant high quality speech at the touch of a button – no need to download anything. New features include PDF and secure site reading, per site and page pronunciation control and language selection.
To view how BrowseAloud’s fully-featured version, which includes a dictionary, a translator, an MP3 maker, a text magnifier and reads secure web pages and PDFs, view this demo webinar of BrowseAloud.
Alternative Formats & Communication Supports for Employees
Millions of employees face challenges with reading and writing, affecting motivation and internal communications. Employees with learning difficulties like dyslexia, visual disabilities, as well as staff with English as a Second Language, can improve their understanding, accuracy, communication and productivity with Read&Write.
Read&Write makes documents, web pages and office applications more accessible with it’s easy to use intuitive toolbar that gives staff discreet help with everyday tasks like reading on-screen text and proofing written documents and emails.
Used daily by millions of adults, Read&Write works on all platforms and devices and integrates seamlessly with documents, web pages and office applications.
To explore whether this tool is one that would benefit your employees and find out how to get it activated on your system, view this demo webinar on Read&Write.
1. Maximize productivity: remove barriers, unlock potential and create a united workforce with a higher morale and increased resilience.
2. Attract new talent: inclusive workplaces that openly communicate their values on equality, human rights and inclusion attract a wider pool of applicants and talent.
3. Increase employee commitment: organizations who understand the needs of their employees and make them feel valued and respected have greater success in retaining staff. It has a positive impact on job satisfaction, job satisfaction, productivity and commitment.
4. Add value to brand and reputation: encouraging and enabling participation among staff demonstrates a willingness to make reasonable adjustments for disabled employees or those whose first language is not English.
Award-winning literacy support software that’s used by millions of employees worldwide!
Where can I get more information or help?
For more information on either BrowseAloud or Read&Write, contact:
E-Mail: [email protected]