Formatting Tables for Accessibility
August 14, 2019 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pm EDT
Tables have always been a challenge for Assistive Technology and purchasing additional software to remediate a PDF is not always an option when on a limited technology budget.
In this 1-hour webinar we will use Acrobat and PAC 3, a free document accessibility checker, to review how tables are received by screen reading software and how a few changes in formatting tags can enhance the experience and make them more accessible. With errors found in both these programs we will review some common errors found such as “Table header has no associated sub cells” and “Failed table settings” warnings in Acrobat.
• Table layout and design formatting for accessibility
• The differences between data tables versus layout tables
• How to include all the necessary tags in a table within Acrobat
• Using the Reading order tool to edit tables
Who should attend this webinar
Anyone who has experience creating and editing accessible content or is new to the remediation process. Anyone working in the role of marketing content creators, graphic designers, editors, communication writers and coordinators, document production staff.
What you will walk away with:
At the end of this webinar, participants will have a clear understanding of:
- Working with multiple table headers
- Tagging tables with merged cells
- How to manually remediate table content in Acrobat
- Adding a table summary
- Workaround tips and best practices in table design
INCLUDED IN THE WEBINAR:
Accommodations available upon request.