Overview of Accessible PDF/UA Checkers
December 13, 2018 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm EST
This one-hour webinar will review the most commonly used accessibility checkers currently available to individuals creating accessible PDF documents. During this webinar we will review the following checkers: Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat Professional and the online PDF Accessibility Checker (PAC 3.0).
While properly constructed tags are essential for an accessible PDF, tags alone are not enough. Some accessibility checkers review only tags while others also check hidden aspects of the document to ensure they are fully accessible. Because these checkers can only check against a list of digital defaults, human inspection is also a very important part of the remediation process.
By completing this webinar, participants will:
- Understand the differences between the three most common accessibility checkers.
- Identify and fix potential problematic errors and warnings.
- Learn when “human inspections” are required and how to do them.
- Review of the “Create Accessibility Report/Summary” function.
- Upgrade of overall skills for remediating a PDF.
Who should attend?
This webinar is ideal for those who have already completed the Accessibility Ontario workshops on accessible content and layout creation in the following programs: InDesign, Microsoft Word and Acrobat Content.
Included in the Webinar:
- High quality instruction by a Document Accessibility Specialist
- Resources about PDF/UA
- A chance to ask questions
- Digital Certificate of Completion
Accommodations available upon request.