Strategies for Dealing with Difficult People
November 27, 2018 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm EST
Change the way you see and respond to difficult situations and learn to handle difficult conversations with skill and confidence. Learn strategies to recognize mental health concerns, and address various behaviours (e.g. verbal aggression, negative talk, sense of entitlement, safety). Learn valuable skills and methods to change the dynamics, de-escalate, and support individuals and groups.
By completing this workshop, participants will have an understanding of:
- How to deal with a variety of difficult people with more skill and confidence
- How to address disruptive behaviours
- How to confront someone calmly and respectfully
- How to be a better listener
- How to maintain professional and personal relationships
- How to promote cooperation
- How to recognize most common signs of distress and how to respond
Who should attend this workshop
The Dealing with Difficult People Workshop is designed for anyone who has to deal with difficult people or difficult issues. Human resource managers, team leaders, volunteer coordinators, managers, educators, consultants, police officers, customer service representatives and people who negotiate will all benefit from this workshop.
INCLUDED IN THE WORKSHOP:
- High quality instruction by a Document Accessibility Specialist
- Small class size (maximum 20 participants)
- A Step-by-Step Reference Guide
- Complimentary coffee and tea
- A chance to network with other professionals
- Official recognition for your participation (that you can share on LinkedIn, Facebook or your resume)
Accommodations are available upon request.