Strategies for Web Accessibility
November 9, 2016 @ 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm EST
- Centre for Social Innovation (Spadina)
- 215 Spadina Ave, 4th Floor
Toronto,ONM5T 2C7Canada+ Google Map
20 people are attending Strategies for Web Accessibility
This workshop provides a technical explanation of how to create accessible web content. Web developers will come away with a deep understanding of the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0, the AODA requirements for website accessibility, and how to achieve WCAG 2.0 conformance. The session will also cover a list of practical tools for assessing and implementing web accessibility. Knowledge of HTML is required.
Note: This workshop is ideal for those who have already taken the Introduction to Web and Digital Accessibility workshop, or those who already have some familiarity with digital accessibility concepts.
Topics covered include:
- WCAG 2.0: In-depth overview of Guidelines and Techniques
- WCAG 2.0 Success Criteria: how to achieve conformance
- Overview of approaches to accessibility evaluation
- Tool support for WCAG 2.0
- Additional guidance and tips
Interactive discussions and examples. A great workshop!
Knowledgeable presenter who gave specific mark-up examples and was able to answer questions.
I really liked the identification of tools and techniques for testing conformance.
Great practical advice!
The de-mystifiying of WCAG was very helpful!