Accessibility Ontario is your one-stop shop for all your AODA needs.We offer consulting services on all aspects of AODA compliance, including training, website accessibility, document conversion, policy development, and workshops/webinars on a variety of accessibility topics.Here’s more information about our services and, if there is something you need a hand with, give us a call!
It is mandatory for all organizations with one or more employees in Ontario to train its staff, volunteers, and board members on all five AODA Standards. This includes all existing and future staff and volunteers.
Accessibility Ontario offers the mandated AODA training for staff, volunteers and board members that enables you to meet your legislated requirements.
Education is at the heart of everything we do at Accessibility Ontario. Our goals are to:
- Help you understand your obligations under the AODA
- Show you how accessibility can add value to your work
- Help you train your staff/volunteers and get your policies developed
- Enhance your ability to offer accessible programs, services, and communications
We offer a range of workshops that are customized to your organization’s needs. Our top 5 AODA workshops are:
- AODA Train-the-Trainer
- How to Make Accessible Word, InDesign and PDFs
- AODA 101: An Overview for Staff and Boards
- Making Your Communications Accessible
- Creating a Culture of Inclusion
AODA webinars are a great way to get important information without having to leave your office. Accessibility Ontario regularly offers live webinars but if you miss one, we are happy to make them available to you as recordings.
All of our webinar recordings can be found in our Store and can be watched at your leisure.
Here are a few examples of our on-demand webinars:
- Overview to Document Accessibility
- Website Accessibility Solutions
- How to Make Accessible InDesign and PDF Documents
- AODA for Senior Staff: Everything You Need to Know (5-part series)
Starting January 1, 2014, all new websites and web content, or significantly redesigned websites, published by large businesses and nonprofit organizations are required to abide by Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 Level A.
Accessibility Ontario offers FREE website audits quotes for organizations interested in identifying and removing the accessibility barriers on their website. Our web auditing services flag existing and potential barriers with your organization’s website.
Unlike other companies, we use both manual and automated checkers to complete our audits as automated checkers only catch 30% of barriers. Our audits clearly state where the barrier is located on your website and how to remove the barrier to abide by WCAG 2.0 standards so that you or your IT staff have a clear understanding of how to become compliant.
Sometimes it’s easier to not start from scratch! Accessibility Ontario offers a variety of policy, multi-year plan and training templates to help your organization quickly meet your AODA compliance requirements.
All organizations need to have policies developed for the Customer Service Standard and the standards under the IASR that apply to your organization. Large organizations also have to create, publicly share, and regularly update their Multi-year Accessibility Plan.
We offer both individual and bundles of the documents you need, including:
- Customer Service Standard Policy Template
- Integrated Accessibility Standards Regulation (IASR) Policy Template
- Multi-Year Accessibility Plan Template
- Policy and Plan Bundles
- Customizable AODA training brochures
Are you looking for a speaker for an upcoming event? Accessibility Ontario is passionate about accessibility and making the world a better place for people of all abilities, age, culture, gender, and orientation. Our professional presenters can speak on a variety of topics related to accessibility and the AODA that engage the audience and leave them motivated and inspired.
“Very knowledgeable. Well presented – one of the best seminars I have been too. So much information in a 3-hour period – but presented effectively. Thanks!”
“Responsive; used examples; had a good understanding of the content; invited participants to add from their knowledge base. Great job! Thank you.”
We assist clients meet their accessibility policies, plans, practices and procedures requirements set out in the AODA. We bring our skills and expertise to the writing, research, and audits of accessibility plans and policies, while maintaining focus on your organization and people with disabilities. We help organizations bridge the gap between policy and action.
- Policy training workshops
- Customization of accessibility policies and plans
- Analysis of existing policies for identification of systemic barriers to accessibility
- Incorporation of accessibility policies into general AODA training workshops
- Development of accessible organizational practices and procedures
- How to Create Accessible Word and PDF Documents
- How to Create Accessible InDesign and PDF Documents
- An Overview to Document Accessibility
- Introduction to Web and Digital Document Accessibility
- Strategies for Web Accessibility
- Understanding Mobile Accessibility
- Evaluating Accessibility