There is increasing awareness of the social, economic and legislative need to make online information, goods and services accessible to people with disabilities. To know how to improve the accessibility of a website you must establish its current level of accessibility.
Website Accessibility Audit
A web accessibility audit is an expert evaluation of your website against accessibility guidelines and standards. Complying with these standards ensures that disabled people can use your website. The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.0 (WCAG 2.0) is the globally recognized basis for accessibility on the web and it is the standard used in the AODA. A web accessibility audit typically results in a report that details:
- the overall conformance rating of the website with WCAG;
- a prioritised list of issues that need to be addressed;
- solutions to remedy the issues;
- details on the website’s conformance with each of the accessibility checkpoints.
FREE Website Accessibility Audit Quote
Accessibility Ontario can offer you a free website accessibility audit quote if you are interested to find out what a full assessment will cost. Our first step is to do a quick review of your website, both external and password protected areas, to ascertain the complexity of the content and functionality and how many accessibility barriers are immediately apparent. Each website is unique and our quotes are based on the amount of time it will take us to assess your website and prepare your individualized report.
If you would like a free quote, please email us your website address and any necessary password.
AODA Website Refresh
Your organization may have an older website that needs updating to something modern, easy-to-use, easy-to-manage, and fully accessible. We can help!
All website redesigns include:
- A modern design that fits your organization’s branding
- Responsive layouts for mobile, tablet, desktop
- Accessibility that complies with AODA and leverages the principles of inclusive design
- Installation and set up of an easy-to-use content management system
- Add-ons for social media integration, event listings, newsletter sign-up, and more.
- Customized functionality such as protected member area, e-commerce store, fundraising campaign, etc.
For more information on the cost to refresh your website and make it AODA compliant, send us an email with your website address.