Accessibility Ontario provides accessibility training in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, AODA.
The IASR online training is Part Two of our two part AODA training. Part One of the full mandatory AODA training is the Customer Service Standard course.
The Integrated Accessibility Standards Regulation (IASR) of the AODA includes mandatory accessibility standards that identifies, removes and prevents barriers for people with disabilities in four areas: Information and Communications; Employment; Transportation; and Design of Public Spaces. One of the IASR requirements is that all staff, volunteers, and Board Members (public sector, private sector, and nonprofits) receive training on the IASR and the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC), as it relates to persons with disabilities. This webinar will provide a well-rounded understanding of the IASR and OHRC by sharing stories, best practices, and short quizzes to help you learn. Participants will be awarded a certification upon completion. Customization of the course is also possible.
Discounts apply the more seats you purchase. Extra seats purchased will be held in reserve for up to one year. Discounts appear in the Checkout.
- Interactive: Our interactive AODA training gives real-life examples of how to best provide accessible customer service, provides best practices in communicating with people with a variety of disabilities, and offers resources to learn more about the AODA and accessibility.
- Greater degree of impact: When your organization invests in staff training you want it to be impactful. Reading a workbook or static website is not going to engage your staff in the content. This dynamic online training has a cast of characters that bring the topic of accessibility to life.
- Easy: Requires only that you send in the names and email addresses of people who will take the course.
- Efficient: Participants will be able to take the course in less than 24 hours after you send us their names.
- Quick: The course takes 20-minutes and covers all the content required by the AODA.
- Thorough: There is a short quiz to ensure understanding of the content.
- Value Add: Participants will get a certificate of completion.
- No administrative burden: Organization administrators receive a report of who has successfully completed the course and this can be kept as a record of the training. No need to track staff down to get confirmation that they have take the course!
- Economical: Costs for the course have been kept as low as possible. Consider buying “seats” for current and future training needs to get a better price.
If you would like to host one or both of our AODA training courses on your own server, please contact us to discuss. Doing so will mean that you have unlimited access to the courses and can manage your own reporting.
If you wish to have your organization’s policy included in this training course, please choose the “Customized Version” in the Store.
- You need to purchase one “seat” for each person in your organization who will take the course.
- Once payment has been received, you will be asked to submit the name and email of each person to take the course. Each registered participant will receive an email with their unique login and password within 24 hours.
- Once registered in the course, participants can access the course content for up to thirty (30) days.
- Extra or undesignated seats (purchased for future staff/volunteers) will be held for up to one (1) year.
- The organization administrator will receive a monthly update on who has successfully completed the course and when. This can be used for your records.
- The Accessibility Ontario e-learning course is available online via our Learning Management System
- Each learner can print off a completion certificate once they have successfully completed the course quiz.