What is an accessible document? What is involved in making accessible documents? What are the barriers might people with disabilities encounter with non-accessible content? How much training is required to learn how to make accessible documents? What are your organization’s legal obligation to provide accessible documents?
These questions and more will be discussed in this information overview of document accessibility. Participants in this live webinar will learn about the background and theory of accessibility, how accessibility effects document creation, and what changes in your organization’s current workflow and processes are required.
The following topics will be reviewed:
- A new way to communicate: How do we define accessible documents?
- Understanding a new creative thinking pattern: How do we create documents for everyone?
- Critical planning and review: What changes will you need to make to your current document process?
- Working from point A to B and now to C: What workflow changes will have to be made in my organization?
- How do you prepare your organization to adapt, while complying with legal and moral responsibilities?
Who should attend this webinar?
Anyone who is responsible for the management and coordination of print or digital documents.
This includes all Executive Directors/CEOs, Communication Managers, Document Creators, Production Coordinators, Communication Coordinators, Website Content Managers, Marketing Managers.
What You Will Walk Away With:
Participants will have a clear understanding of:
- What accessible documents are and how important they are to their business communications.
- The process of how a document becomes more accessible.
- PDFs why it is used and what is mandated to make it accessible.
- Some suggestions regarding the creation and production stages.
- How to reduce the costs of repetitive processes with smart document creation.
- How to develop new processes to improve employee efficiency.
During this live presentation participants can ask questions of our accessible document expert.
INCLUDED IN THE WEBINAR:
Accommodations available upon request.