In this one-hour webinar, we will address accessibility issues and best practices for creating PowerPoint presentations. Various tools will be demonstrated in PowerPoint to create an accessible presentation, including appropriate formatting, ordered lists, recommended slide layouts, well-designed tables, hyperlinks and graphics with alternative text, along with some tips to manage content for screen reading devices.
- Best practices for making an accessible presentation.
- Understanding the end users experience.
- Software Interface settings and important tools for accessible content.
- Advantages and disadvantages of using custom and predefined templates.
- Working with images and formatting for accessibility.
- Best practices when using and formatting text.
- Setting proper bulleted and listed items.
- Formatting table content for accessible reading technology.
- Recommended practices for slide animations and transitions.
Who should attend this webinar
Anyone who is using Microsoft PowerPoint to create digital documents. This would include any Executives, Directors or Managers, Communication or Accessibility Coordinators, Website Content Managers and Administrative Staff.
Maximizing the Value of these Webinars
Registration entitles you to one Internet connection and an unlimited number of participants from your organization in one listening room.
Invite others to participate. Structure a group “lunch and learn” session and invite staff to attend.
Tap into your training budget. Ask your HR group or manager to underwrite the webinar as part of your organization’s ongoing staff development effort.
INCLUDED IN THE WEBINAR:
Accommodations available upon request.